Father's Day Breakfast
Bookings are Essential: Father's Day Breakfast Online Booking & Tickets
Why not treat your father to something special this Father’s day? DownsSteam is hosting a special Father’s day breakfast again this year, serving a beautiful hot and continental breakfast served on board our platform and carriages. Breakfast will be served in a single seating at 9:00 am, Sunday September 3rd 2017. Breakfast will be complimented by live music on the platform as well as catering by our friendly volunteers and Tour guides.
After breakfast, guided tours of our facility will be available to show off our new carriage acquisitions, including the beautiful M class club cars and first class sleeping cars.
* Relax in one of the former QR "sunlander" club and lounge coaches, for a small sample of the upcoming Great Divide Scenic Railway - "DownsSteam Winelander" experience.
* Check out the ongoing restoration of the “Pride of Toowoomba” – Steam Locomotive #106, proudly built at the Toowoomba Foundry in 1915 and now the only remaining C16 class steam locomotive. After a little more than a century and over a million miles of steaming across Queensland rails, this once proud steam engine has found its way back home and into the hands of our dedicated team of volunteer craftsmen.
* Marvel at our former Tasmanian DP class railmotor as our skilled volunteers continue to raise it from the ashes of an arson attack. When completed, the “Gatsby Flyer’s” tastefully decorated art deco inspired interior will provide nostalgic fun on short tours across the Downs.
* Discover the unique Dreamtime Carriage art exhibit by the talented Aboriginal/Italian artist "Dom", and be fully immersed in your living colour journey as Dom's recorded audio commentary guides you through a day in the dreamtime.
* Take a ride into the past on a former QR Section Car as used by track maintenance gangs. Note: All rides are conducted within DownsSteam’s yard precinct.
Admission, Father’s day breakfast, live music and complimentary tours of our facility is only $25 per adult and $12 per child. With all funds raised going towards running our non-for profit volunteer run organisation which includes the restoration of our rolling stock.
For more information, please contact us: email@example.com or 07 4630 2358